What type of ULV connector is this?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can anyone identify this connector? I need to extend a couple of cables like this for some lights

$(KGrHqZ,!qgE-y+Ppm)yBQByUPgdNw~~60_35.JPG

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
These are off of 12v lighting sets, three 'sockets' in that pic.

You should not really extend the 12v side of the kits due to voltage drop issues. The slightest of undervoltage with halogen lamps shortens their life considerably!

Given that image has been taken from Ebay, I think you can probably trace is back to an ebay page and then maybe even buy the product!

Sponsored Links
Yea they are, it even says so on the eBay listing, but I had a quick look around and couldn't find a suitable molex connector /I can't quite see which style it is from the photo

(although that end is the one that goes to the tranny so the molex is likely cut off)

Not only the US.

This kind of thing is sold as part of a kit of 3x 20W U/C lights in the UK, but beware, there are a couple of slight differences in design, that I have noticed, so make sure the one you get will fit your gear (Yes, I know, it sounds wrong...).

Not only the US.

This kind of thing is sold as part of a kit of 3x 20W U/C lights in the UK, but beware, there are a couple of slight differences in design, that I have noticed, so make sure the one you get will fit your gear (Yes, I know, it sounds wrong...).

Think he was saying the Ebay post was from the US.

These plugs are accepted as being part of ELV lighting sets, typically supplied with kitchens etc.

I have looked on eBay but not found much, mostly because I am not sure of the exact model of the connector.

The lights I am using are LED, and I only wish to extend a couple by 1meter.

Thanks
Tim

And I am really looking for a pre-made cable, not one that I need to crimp myself. Quick solution is preferable!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back