What type of wood for fascia?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi what sort of wood do I use for the fascias? It's to go above a bay window.

When the builder did my extension he used treated wood, but it was rough sawn and now god knows how I will finish it off. Whereas not sure if planed wood is ok exterior?

If I go for plastic can it be painted to match the burgundy of the rest of the house details?

Sponsored Links
OP,
In a number of your previous posts you have neither thanked nor acknowledged various respondents to your questions - instead you took the advice and disappeared off the thread.

Hi Ree!

I'm sure I did thank somewhere, and if I didn't in some posts I am VERY grateful, the advice has been really good and everyone has been very helpful and polite, it's a very friendly forum.

It's give and take, I know, but my skills and main interests are not in DIY. But for example I do have advanced skills in 4x4 design and build, and I'm always helping people on the 4x4 forums, I go out of my way to give people the guidance they need.

At the moment I'm under quite a bit of pressure to finish the house before the baby comes, and I also have a business to run, so that's also why I may have forgotten to come back and thank for the advice.

Big thanks! Really !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back