what was your first car??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
WE all remember our first car and have some amusing tales to tell about those early days behind the wheel.

So tell us! Thanks to the magic of the DVLA website you may even be able to find out if its still on the road!

http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/

click on the vehicle enquiry tab on the left

My first car was a ford corsair 2000e = it was a complete wreck - most of the trim fell off on a storm lashed trip from london to the midlands!

The adventures I had in that car, ;)

Its details dont appear on the dvla database which hopefully means it was crushed a long time ago!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sponsored Links
bought our first car in 1982 a 1975 vauxhall viva, in a horrible custard yellow colour

1984 Ford Fiesta 1100 in green was my first car

Handed down to me from my dad, I loved that car :cry:

Sponsored Links
bright yellow 1.3 cortina mk 3,oh the fun i had in that.it was an old n reg iirc 1972,i bought it off a m8 about 21 years ago.blimey dont time fly?

My first car 432 TFM Ford popular 100E three speed gearbox, no syncro on first gear, vaccum operated windscreen wipers, useless if going up hill, performance 0 to 60 in about five minutes, top speed approx 75 MPH.
Side valve engine, considering it's capacity 997cc it was a thirsty devil, I don't think I ever filled the tank, and was always running out of petrol.

Wotan

Triumph 1500 TC. GAP 395M. Brill motor. Bought day after passing my test. Crashed it two weeks later and cracked the chassis. Was going to run it until MOT was due, but it was crashed into by a bloke along the street and that wrote it off completely.

Me and me mate bought an old ford pop between us for twenty quid. Niether of us could drive very well and we kept it in a lock up garage and only took it on the road (no tax, license, insurance) 2or 3 times. The funny thing was that someone had converted it, under the bonnet it was pure mini. transverse engine and gearbox, mini subframe, front wheel drive, everything. We ended up losing interest, so I suppose the owner of the rented lock up inherited it.

renault 14 gtl smooth ride but a pice of crap! gearbox fell out 5 days adfter i traded it in for my next car :LOL:

1966 Chrysler Plymouth Belvedere.

p109291_large+1966_Chrysler_Belvedere+Passengers_Side_View.jpg

A metalic green Ford Anglia 105E reg. 5661 NE; a total rust bucket & not even in an original Ford colour. Part X'd an imacuate 650cc BSA motorbike for it in 1968 & wish I could now have the bike back!

Sponsored Links
Back