What was your first experience with police?

Sponsored Links
Junior school. A woodentop came round to give the class a lecture. All I can remember is that he was terribly common.

Sponsored Links
hiding from them - I spent a lot of my childhood on a wild (gypsy-in-brick) housing scheme. The police hated everyone on the estate (possibly because most residents were criminals) They used to drive about in their panda cars and just randomly stop, jump out and beat you up a bit, sort of like stop and search, but you got beat up instead - so it always paid to hide from them - LOL
it was a different world back in the 60s, far better society than the virtue signalling bollux we have now.

Least they were out and about trying to install a bit of law and order. Brilliant Times :D, often wish I had joined them, must have been a right laugh.

2nd girlfriends father!

And after we had fell out he came to interview my dad for a gun licence,,,

He approved the application, (y)

My brothers Vauxhall Chevanne (yes Chevette van) had it's water pump seize and shear off, 40 odd miles away in Northampton. I went out to help and he talked me into towing him home. This, I must add, was nearly 40 years ago and I was a rather stupid teen on a Yamaha YB100 motorbike. We made it about 15 miles or so down the A428 towards Bedford before being stopped by Police. The unit that stopped were actually brilliant and towed the car a mile or so to the next layby where we left it until we could get the parts to repair.
Incredibly my old Yamaha managed a smidge over 40mph with the Chevanne on tow and I still remember it's reg number!

Last edited:
Good or bad, love or hate. We do need them. I have been arrested many times, been to court and 'stuff' but also my hobby makes me fill in so many MG11 forms. I have learned (sound wrong, should be learnt) my lesson as I was (were) dragged up. But imagine the chaos without. I am shy and keep myself to myself now. Just leave our kids alone.

A long time ago (1985) I was stopped by two police in a plain car and plain clothes. They pulled me over by shouting "Stop you f'ing w@n ker. Can you imagine who would stop when a plain car with two aggressive blokes in plain dress swear at you? No, neither can I.

They used very aggressive techniques and language and threatened me with (in this order) court, imprisonment and arrest on suspicion of damaging council property (I hit the kerb when I was pulled over).

I complained straight away to the division chief, who came round to discuss things. His tack right from the beginning was "But it's OK because you haven't been booked."

Completely missing the point about the manner of my being stopped and the way they spoke to me. It went right over his head.

I was stopped by a copper in 1988 for speeding. I had shared a pint of lager shandy with a friend.

The only thing was they showed me the speed gun with a figure on it and I asked them to prove it was my speed. They couldn't, but I knew damn well if I went to court, I would most probably lose to the police who never lie.....

I told the police this I had half a shandy and they breath tested me. It was negative. But I NEVER drove after drinking alcohol again.

In the noughties, I got arrested (yes, really!) after being followed by a copper who accused me of "going rather quickly round that bend". There followed a long convoluted conversation where I asked him what speed I should have gone round the bend at and what speed did he think I was doing?
And that really annoyed him because I implied he didn't know what speed I was doing, let alone be able to prove it. That was when he arrested me on suspicion of speeding.....!

That's when I called him an over-zealous pr!ck. He promptly threatened to arrest me under section 5, so I pointed out there was no one around to hear it save for him and as a cop, he couldn't be alarmed or distressed by bad language.

He kept me there as long as he could, checking round the motor then de-arrested me and left.

Last edited:
15 yrs old, riding a moped underage.
With a mate on the pillion...

Plod decided to step into the road waving a torch.
But that was back in the day of 'don't do that again'...

As we rode off fingers were raised, but nothing happened because as if by magic 'L' plates then had a way of miraculously covering a reg number!

They phoned me up last night and asked me in for an interview

Cant even remember applying for the job

The Police just been to my door holding a picture of my wife, they said "Is this your wife sir?" shocked I answered "Yes" They said " We are afraid it looks like she's been hit by a bus" I said "I know, but she takes it up the bum and she's good with the kids....."

Sponsored Links
Back