Would the Police confirm this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So the Police kicked in the door of one of my properties.

The Police were searching for the tenant.

So who is responsible for repair?

Will the Police confirm they broke the door down as the tenant is denying the Police did it.

Sponsored Links
could be wrong but if no crime was committed or found after entry the police are responsible
if crime was found then they are not responsible this is why the will often pick up on minute amounts off canabis or other parafinalia that will not stand up on its own but is a criminal act just to stop them carrying the repair bill

Do I instruct a lawyer to write in or can I call or write in myself or get my rental agent to sort out?

I believe the tenant was arrested and spent some time in Prison but cannot say if that was related to the forced entry.

I left it to my rental agent to sort out but he hasn't done anything.

Sponsored Links
??? Who does the tenant say did it?

The tenant just says it's damaged, not saying who did it.

I've told my rental agent to inspect the property.

Rental agent seems he just doesn't want to get involved. Really annoying not sure where 10% fee goes.

So the Police kicked in the door of one of my properties.

The Police were searching for the tenant.

So who is responsible for repair?

Will the Police confirm they broke the door down as the tenant is denying the Police did it.
Ask the coppers

The tenant just says it's damaged, not saying who did it.
Surely, then, you can assume that he did it - and should pay for it.

I've told my rental agent to inspect the property.
Rental agent seems he just doesn't want to get involved.
If his job is to manage the property, then he is involved - that's his job.

Really annoying not sure where 10% fee goes.
Exactly. They don't actually DO anything other than contact tradesmen.

What I mean is - if tenant says something is faulty, say, central heating, just engage plumber. They don't go and visit to assess the fault.
I realise they might not have the knowledge to assess things, but, in my opinion, they should if they are "managing" properties.

What I mean is - if tenant says something is faulty, say, central heating, just engage plumber.

Funny you should say that. I explicitly told my agent I have boiler cover for my properties.

He instructed a plumber to go out and fix an issue came back with a £150 charge which was covered under my insurance.

I'm the end I just split the difference with him. I've had a few rental agents and I can say not been impressed with any of them.

So who is legally responsible for paying any said tradesman

Letting agent contacts tradesman asks them to carry out a repair

Landlord refuses to pay for what ever reason

Tradesman has never had any contact with landlord only letting agent ??????

Sponsored Links
Back