What would cause this (drywall seam?) to suddenly become visible?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just moved into this new build house a few weeks ago but this has become apparent in the wall only this week. Just wanted to know if it's any cause for concern or normal due to the house settling, and what will need to be done to fix it. Thanks.

Edit: there is also a subtle bubbling effect going on near it (see photo). Could it be due to a leak? The bathroom is next to this room but it's not on a sharing wall.

Attachments

• 20210502_170924.jpg
    20210502_170924.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 215
  • 20210502_172134.jpg
    20210502_172134.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
On my 4k screen I can't see any concern. You mention house settling but again, I don't see anything wrong. At worst, from what I can see, the wall looks OK.

Everything is drying out and settling. Nothing to be concerned about.

Expect a lot worse that will be dealt with by snagging.

Sponsored Links
It's difficult to see in a photo but it's a ridge protruding from the wall which makes the wall un-level

Are the walls plastered or tape and fill? If the latter it could be the tape lifting if it didn't have enough filler under it when the joints were done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back