What would cause this melted switch? (pics)

nor the red pvc tape underneath the nut on that compression elbow!
:p I seem to recall that was put on after, to indicate flow. It was not actually caught up in the compression aspect of the joints.

Sponsored Links
I prefer to see soldered joints under floorboards personally
Get real man..... plastic push fit plumbing quick simple and trouble free.......

( I am joking ).

Well made solder joints ( plumbing ) are best provided one can run a few days tests before putting the boards and carpet down on top of them.

I do like push fit, but there is a place for them, and it is certainly not underneath floorboards :p

Underneath sinks where there isn't even enough room to move a spanner, now that's a different story!

I would advise you have an electrician undertake an insulation resistance and earth loop impedance test on your shower installation.

Regards,

ka

Sponsored Links
not in that picture no, but there is a green bag on the floor at the bottom that says 10mm on it, cant make out much more than that, but that pipe is 15mm so it's not from a pipe fitting, could be that if the cable was chased into the wall it was clipped direct and plastered over

not in that picture no, but there is a green bag on the floor at the bottom that says 10mm on it
No it doesn't, it says 40mm and then 1 1/2" in brackets afterwards. It also says Marley, a well known waste fitting manufacturer. I bet it also says 'reducer' in white on dark green.

yeah the new one I bought is crabtree. I couldn't see a make on the old one, cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back