what year was soundproofing introduced?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Next question: what does it matter?
in negotiations to buy a flat , no one can tell me if it was sound proofed but I know roughly the date of the conversion so if it was done proper and to building regs it would have been sound proofed as it was done after 1992

Hmm, tread carefully ( :p ) the soundproofing required in 1992 for flat conversions wasn't wonderful. Frankly I would be very weary of buying a conversion that had been converted recently under the latest regs and they have improved a helluva lot! Workmanship in flat conversions is typically poor and if sound insulation is applied poorly you may as well not bother.

Cheers for advice spoke to one of the freeholders today And he saw the lagging in the floor
as they was being built I'll try a check it out more

As mentioned there has been a need for sound insulation to be fitted in floors in flat conversions since 1992. In 2003 the Building Regulations Part E (sound) were updated considerably and sound testing was introduced. So its just that standards were raised in 2003, it was not introduced per se in 2003.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back