whats best to use to build an insulated wall for my garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi sry to bother u guys it seems so hard to get simple information lol so this is my plan i want to build an insulated wall behind my garage door (inside the room) to make my garage into a extra room without having to take the garage door off ect, researching i found that aerated concrete or breeze blocks not sure wut to call them, would b the quickest and aerated ones are apparently moisture resistant? where as dense ones are not? there just stronger?

so what i really wanted to no was if a double 75mm thick aerated block wall with 40mm celotex insulationin between would b enough or the best solution to keep damp out an warmth in ect and should i use insulated plasterboard aswell is that all i need to do or is it not that simple lol thanks would reallly appreciate any help,[/b]

Sponsored Links
Do you mean behind the garage door? Inside the room? Simple timber stud with insulated plasterboard would be easiest.

sorry just got home yeh sry bout mixup with my typing this morning i mean behind the garage door inside the room yeh, o really would that be good enough to keep cold or dampness out ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back