What's my water pressure?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am adding an en-suite to a bedroom. The room will have a shower, but I don't know what my water pressure is- is there a quick easy way to work out what it is, as some showers need 1 bar min pressure, but some need more.

If possible to work out an estimate from my system it looks quite complicated- well to me anyway! We have a combi boiler but it feeds into a hot water cylinder, and that cylinder feeds the house.

The house has a shower already, and it is really powerful- so I assume the pressure is ok, but I wondered if there was a way to figure out what it is.

Thanks in advance

Andy

Sponsored Links
Try turning putting finger on cold water tap and turn on. Measure how long the spray goes. Im sure there is a formula written somewhere that will give you the pressure. Only joking
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Seriously though you can purchase pressure gauges that fit on to certain taps, better still find someone that would lend you one. eg plumber

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back