What's the best type of filler to cover foam insulation surrounding windows?

20 Jul 2022
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I’m redecorating a room and am new to all this. Around the window, there appears to be a foam-like surround, which has been plastered over and painted. There are now pits in this plaster (probably as the foam is spnongey underneath and kids lived here before I moved in and pushed against it), and some has come away, exposing the foam underneath. What’s the best way for me to rectify this? Do I need it replastered, or can I use a particular type of filler and sand it and paint over? Any advice about fillers welcome - thanks.


  • window_filler_1.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 75
  • window_filler_2.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 72
Sponsored Links
As long as it’s not soft to the touch. A patching plaster readimix will work

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links