What filler to use on top of foam?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What filler can I use on top of foam? After we bought our house I realised that parts of the filling on the site of the window was loose so two years later I finally managed to get every loose original filling out and filled it with foam but want to have now a smooth finish so I can finish it off with wallpaper once everything has dried.

Attachments

• IMG_3042.jpeg
    IMG_3042.jpeg
    443.6 KB · Views: 70
Sponsored Links
Dig the foam back by a few mm. Then use a filler such as Toupret TX110. You may find it easier to do a "flush" fill and then do a second fill.

Before doing so, strip back the paper. If you don't, in the event of finally removing the paper, you risk ripping the edge of the filler.

Dig the foam back by a few mm. Then use a filler such as Toupret TX110. You may find it easier to do a "flush" fill and then do a second fill.

Before doing so, strip back the paper. If you don't, in the event of finally removing the paper, you risk ripping the edge of the filler.
Seems to have good reviews so will get it tomorrow and give it a try.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
The regular Toupret filler is equally good, slightly cheaper but takes longer to dry.

Personally, I am happy to pay a tad more for the faster drying TX100.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back