Whats the best way to protect kitchen sink cabinets from leaks?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have rental properties and tenants often don't notice or care about leaks under the sink until it becomes a major problem.

I am thinking of lining the inside of the cabinets with something like Fablon or possibly vinyl flooring, which would be more durable.

Any tips please ?

Sponsored Links
Also is there any kind of sealant I can use one's that are just about ok but have been wet for some time?
20240421_145047.jpg

Use solvent weld waste pipes.
Clear varnish chipboard edges.
Use polymer mastic around sink area Vs silicone. Just lasts way longer imo.
Don't use flexible hoses to connect taps

Thanks, I am unfamiliar with polymer plastics, where is best to buy them please?
Or what brand should I look for?

Sponsored Links
It's a mastic.
CT1. Stixall ect.
Sticks to wet surfaces.
Lasts ages.
You could use a clear under sink to seal edges

I have rental properties and tenants often don't notice or care about leaks under the sink until it becomes a major problem.

I am thinking of lining the inside of the cabinets with something like Fablon or possibly vinyl flooring, which would be more durable.

Any tips please ?
You should be inspecting the properties regularly if you are a responsible landlord .

I used to visit monthly to check tenants had no issues and collect the rent, tenants appreciated the due diligence.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back