What's the difference between a p-trap and s-trap toilet?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Well, what is the difference? Any pics/links would be much appreciated in helping explain this (if needed).

Cheers

Sponsored Links
and there was me thinking it was for number 1's or number 2's (after all they do begin with P or S) :LOL:

:(

and where do i apply this wonderful piece of theory to. Upside down P/S, sideways, inverted. What part of pipe. Assuming it's the pan it's referring to.

May sound like a silly question and I'm prepared for clever answers, but, I'm not thick and can't find anything on the web or here to explain.

Ok, maybe an easier question with less chance of a flaming response....

For a vertical soil pipe that comes up through the floor in my cloakroom , do I need a pan with a p-trap or s-trap? Bear in mind the soil pipe is not that close to the back wall.

Sponsored Links
So dont i want an s-trap (which exits vertically) to match up the the vertical soil pipe coming through my floor?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back