What's The Difference Between Speedfit Grey And White?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apart from the colour, what is the difference between the grey and white fittings and pipe.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Grey and white speedfit fittings/pipe are the same price aren`t they?
Hep20 is dearer, which is grey.

to be honest im just guessing i dont use speedfit or anything like that. but heard a mate that they brought out grey speedfit cause it is cheaper.prob due to the white pigment,same stuff though.bit like grey soil pipe to white soil pipe.

Sponsored Links
to be honest im just guessing i dont use speedfit or anything like that. but heard a mate that they brought out grey speedfit cause it is cheaper.prob due to the white pigment,same stuff though.bit like grey soil pipe to white soil pipe.

Ok, so its possibly cheaper to manufacture grey. Does it mean that grey is cheaper to buy?

Until head is jammed against eaves in loft and you have about 3 inches of space, can`t get fitting onto pipe, can`t get blowlamp in, can`t get in with 90 degree bend. :cry: Want my Mummy..no one told me there were gonna be days like this. :cry:

thats when it becomes proffesional ;) a couple of 45s to make a bend can work a treat.i understand were your coming from though especially in this weather in a loft :(

ok you win, have used it a few times :cry: was on a caravan site though, and customers prefrence.and maybe on a 4 storey old house that would of took about 3 months in copper.but thats it honest ;)

If the customer wants a new system, I normally assume that the customer wants plastic and quote price and time-scale accordingly.

If you price up for copper all the time, some Herbert will keep undercutting you because using plastic is cheaper and quicker.

The customers want the cheapest job, so plastic it is! :(

not necesserley. last job we did the customer was shocked we did the whole house in copper. i asked why. apparently the 2 quotes we were up against both quoted plastic with the drops in copper.yet we still beat them on price. and before you say. were quite a mid range firm on price.dont want to brag but i find it easier pipe bending than trying to get flimsey plastic from not touching every thing that will make it burst.and using about a thousand pipe clips from stoping the darn stuff sagging.just the fact most of our emergency callouts is due to pushfit.is enough for me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back