What's the oldest tool......

Ive got an old two person saw that i bought in desperation from a tool hire shop when the tungsten toothed saw I was using to cut through a 2 tonne block of limestone died.
It is the sort of thing that you see hanging over the bar as an antique in country pubs, about six feet long with a pole handle at each end and only 2 teeth per inch - the cutting edge has a gentle curve to it.

The amazing thing is that it will cut through a block of bath limestone quicker than anything else (except perhaps a static machine saw) the stone I use is far too deep for an abrasive blade, and it makes no airborne dust. whenever I use it in a public place it usually draws a crowd, for a party peice I get someone to take the other end and do a square thermalite block in three strokes.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back