What's the season.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's OK sitting here talking twaddle on a dark winters night, but now the evenings are drawing out I'll be off doin stuff. Don't want to miss any gossip though[ and that is really sad]. So is there a close season to this forum? Bit of a waste of time tapping away here when there are barbies on the beach and mackerel to catch.

Sponsored Links
oh... fair weather friend are we Gas?

(or bad weather friend but you get the gist!)

Aaah, mackeral on a barbie, fuelled by driftwood :)
we used to gut them keep them whole but flat with a good soaking of cider and lightly grilled on a fire, happy memories:cool:

try balsamic vinegar and mustard together and reduced and have it with your bar b'd mackerel. yum yum yum yum

Sponsored Links
Yeah, s'pose so. But I'm an outside type. Fishin to do, gundog to entertain, kids to annoy etc.

Im looking forward to camping for just that reason.

Dells/toffee. Mackerel on the beach, thats fresh. [wife always takes some bacon, cos she knows my fishin]. :LOL:

Or trout, brown lovely(if you've got the skill and patience)rainbow if your a beginner he he, I tie my own flies you know!

oh bl oody hell.

At the the thought of bar b's and wine and summer air and the whole thing...

not you two's flies.. :eek:

Damsel nymph most of the season works best for me, bit of sparkly stuff twisted on thorax to simulate 'air bubbles' trapped on the real thing, just catches the eye of the wily old trout, and makes them just interested enough to have a sniff and then 'strike' they're mine ha ha ha. :LOL:

Yup, we regularly go down to Chesil beach [shingle for miles] and get a big fire going until late. Bruddy ace fun. Family thing, about 8/10 of us. Upset sis in law last year cos I egged on her 10 yr old son to 'put the fire out' in the only way a boy could. Laugh. Tears ran down my legs :LOL:

I so love that...

we do take supplies in cool box for just in case...

we have a river at the back of us so we are very lucky.

and like on the advert, we put beers and wine in the water to cool off.

Sponsored Links
Back