What's the tape called that holds packs of bricks together?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You know the stuff - about 10mm wide, near impossible to break except for where it's been melted together and when the labourer is done unwrapping packs of bricks, it's strewn all over site waiting to leg you up when you have an 8x4 sheet in your hands..

What's it called? I want to buy a reel to tack to the underside of joists to hold the wool insulation up until I can get the plasterboard in place..

It's not brick wrap, because that's more like cling film

Sponsored Links
I used a sheet of polythene and stapled it to the joists as I was fitting the insulation, then re-boarded the ceiling.

Andy

Sponsored Links
I used a sheet of polythene and stapled it to the joists as I was fitting the insulation, then re-boarded the ceiling.

Andy

It mig not be a bad idea.. It'll stop glass fibre bits dropping in the boys eyes as they fit the sheets to the ceiling at least

Turned out to be an amazingly hard thing to search for, I found.. Brick band really is a music band. Brick banding refers to brickwork patterns. Brick tape brings all kinds of bricklayer rated measuring tapes.. Brick strap is usually metal.. And so on.

In the end, I bought 2.5km of polyester curling ribbon (like what you tie balloons with) for a tenner on eBay.. We'll see how it works out doubled up, failing that I'll go for the plastic sheet idea

Thanks all

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back