What's The Verdict On The Magnaclean Pro 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure how long the Pro 2 has been out, but possibly enough time for installers and engineers to get an idea if they're an improvement on other models. Previous models developed a reputation for leaks. Would be interesting if they have perfected what was always a promising product. Or does it still have problems?

Sponsored Links
Magnaclean and perfect are far far apart on the scale. BUT, the magnaclean pro2 certianly seems to be a lot sturdyer than their previous attempts. Not seen any leaky ones yet. (although they do send out faulty isolating valves from time to time)

The older magnacleans (origional ones) leaked like sieves, the valves broke and leaked, they were generally terrible, seen a few where the magnets dissolved and fell away.

The TF1s have taken the lead with leaks now as far as I've seen.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies. Fitted a few Magnacleans some time ago, but gave up on them after a couple of problems with them. As no one has highlighted any major drawbacks with the Pro, I'll give one a try.

Fitted about 20, had one leak slightly at the push fit o ring bottom connection on the unit.

Removed and had a look and there was a wee nick in the o ring, whether it was me or factory not sure but Pts replaced no problem.

Pts usually have them in stock as bg use them.
Not sure about other merchants, think I saw them in local Plumbase also but were more expensive there.
Think Pts was about £80 plus vat but I have no terms with them.

I still believe the mb3 doesn't catch nearly as much magnetite as adey ones tbh.

Certainly the mb2s were a joke, feel for the thousands of bg customers conned into getting them for magnetite issues.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back