whats this connecting closet to pipe called ? what measurements to take..?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to replace this item that connects closet to pipe (see photos) whats this item called..? whats specs i need to take for this..?

Looking at work
1. unscrew closet from floor
2. detach closet from flush tank
3. move closet forward
4. remove old part and place new part
5. reverse steps 3, 2 & 1

do I need to use some sort of glue here as well..?
mine is slightly old house so may be some of these are out dated items..?

upload_2022-2-5_20-10-47.png

upload_2022-2-5_20-11-26.png

upload_2022-2-5_20-11-59.png

Sponsored Links
Advise you disconnect cistern (Flush Tank) from water supply, overflow and the wall, and move Pan (Closet) and Cistern away from the wall as one unit. The Cistern relies on the Pan for support, and would need to be lifted off before you could move the pan anyway.

As Andy says, no glue needed. Possibly just a little silicon lubricant on the seals to help the new pan connector slip onto the pan outlet, and then into the soil pipe.

Pan connector. No glue needed!

Andy

Thanks Andy
I can see you mentioned MAC-1 WC STRAIGHT PAN, I also can see these in the site. Do I need to make any measurements to ensure what i needed is MAC-1 WC STRAIGHT PAN..? Asking because mine is older house common spec may not work..? I can see below ones as well in the site..
upload_2022-2-5_21-2-49.png

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back