Whats this on Alpha?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right I've got a problem and there aren't ANY boiler peeps in my area available even this week! They must all be on t'internet or something lol.
Picture to follow shortly hopefully.

I've got an Alpha cb24 which has always leaked at the diverter so I got the service kit last year, however I managed to bodge it before the service kit arrived and it's been fine ever since. Which is strange as it was fixed using clingfilm (I kid you not lol).

Anyway, I finally got round to doing the service kit and replaced the diaphragm too while I was there as that was looking pretty dodgy too.

The leaky bit was where the white nylon shroud goes around the pushrods that turn on/off the flow sensor. Over time it's worn and is letting water by.

Easily fixed as I have the right replacement parts, but problem is I'm a numpty and don't have the tool to get the shrouds out. They're held in with what looks like some kind of nut. It's kind of like a flat screw except with no middle as that's where the shroud is sitting slighty proud. So you'd need some kind of 2 pronged forky screwdriver type thing to get it out.

What tool do I need? Or am I just a tool? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Right I've got a problem and there aren't ANY boiler peeps in my area available even this week!

:

You conveniently dont quote your location but I am sure that if you did then I would be able to find someone!

Its very obvious to me that you want to do the repair yourself and are not considering any professional. Of course as its not gas related then you are quite entitled to do that.

Because of reliability issues most professionals prefer to replace the whole diverter valve.

If you want to remove the flat interrupted screws then you have to grind up a took to fit yourself.

Tony

Thanks. I'm in worthing. Seriously I've tried 5 people today. Of course if no-ones about and I can fix it myself then I'll give it a go as long as it's not gas as you say.

So there is no atual specific tool for that bit? Weird!

So British Gas are not available to come to you this week?

I find that very hard to believe with their 7000 staff engineers!

I am not aware of a tool for that purpose which is commonly available. Perhaps there is but I have not even ever seen one either in the flesh or in tool suppliers catalogues!

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back