What's this roof shape called.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In section it would be the same shape roughly as a stanley blade.
In other words 45 degree pitch up to a flat roof at the top.
Need this kind of shape in order to get under first floor windows.
Thanks
David

Sponsored Links
Thanks Noseall.
Providing the spans are not too great do you know if they could be built entirely out of timber?
Could you use a ridge purlin where the 45 pitch meets the flat top in order to get a vaulted effect on the inside. Apologies if I've used wrong roof terminology.

Thanks Noseall.
Providing the spans are not too great do you know if they could be built entirely out of timber?
Could you use a ridge purlin where the 45 pitch meets the flat top in order to get a vaulted effect on the inside. Apologies if I've used wrong roof terminology.

You mean like this.....

We used a steel beam at ceiling level in order to prop the roof junction above which consisted of a pair of timber beams on the short run and a flich arrangement (very heavy) on the long run.

Here we go.....

Sponsored Links
Thanks so much Noseall that's exactly what I had in mind and very helpful.
Thanks again.

Can you get trusses made in this shape then? How do they get over the timber sizes for the flat top or do they simply increase them.
Could they build a truss this shape and have the ties or collars raised so as to produce a vault effect?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back