What's this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm changing the chimney pot for an older one. The top diameter is bigger, so I need one of these with a bigger diameter 'skirt'. As you can see, it's stainless and fits inside the 6" flue pipe.
Can't find one for sale, but it might help if I knew what it's called.

On top of it there's a separate clamp-on terminal.

Ivor

Sponsored Links
What do the chimney serve? Open fire? Gas fire?

Is the 6" flue goes all the way down ?

You could ask metalwork shop to make circular stainless steel big enough to cover chimney pot with a hole for existing cowl to go back in.

Daniel.

Woodburner installed by a HETAS installer. Yes, the flue goes all the way down. The top 2ft or so inside the chimney is solid, the rest of it is twinwall stainless flexible.

Yes, I suppose I could get a larger diameter stainless skirt made to sit under the existing skirt, but it's another joint for the wind to blow water through. Was hoping just to find a larger diameter skirt fitting, if that's what it's called.

Ivor

Sponsored Links
Thankyou. Now I know what I'm looking for.
Oddly enough though, 15 mins Googling and I'm not seeing any attached to a flue insert. Only separate versions, like the sort of collar that's put on a dog to stop it scratching itself.
Any idea who might sell them?

Ivor

Yes, I suppose I could get a larger diameter stainless skirt made to sit under the existing skirt, but it's another joint for the wind to blow water through.

They can weld it together. Weld around the joint to make it one piece and watertight.

Daniel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back