wheel bearing right or left side ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A few months ago my renault megane started making a rumbeling whuring noise , it still made it if i turned the engine off going down a hill. If i turned a sharp left the noise goes away for a second. how can i find out whitch bearing has gone ? ( ive jacked up the car and wobbeled the wheels but they are all firm ! )

Sponsored Links
better to spin the wheels by hand whilst jacked up and listen for any unusual noises,might even be a cv joint on its way out

on the megans the cv joint is all part of the drive shaft i had 1 replaced last year , it made a knocking noise when i turned a corner !

As "ch427" suggests, jack up both sides and spin each wheel in turn, you should hear the culprit(bearing) rumbling. Push the pads off slightly if you need to but don't forget to pump them back on before you drive off.

;)

Sponsored Links
thanks il give it a go :) , will it be expensive to get repaired? my limit is changing discs and pads !!

Nothing is cheap these days, first confirm it is a wheel bearing problem then shop around the garages for the best price.

;)

Back