wheel brace and jack needed for car with runflats?

Min

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks

Sorry if this is a really stupid question, but have searched the Car forum and can't find a relevant post.

My car is a BMW-built Mini Cooper Clubman, 2009. In stripping out everything possible from the boot, I found car jack and wheel brace.

Is there anything I'd need these for, given that the car has runflat tyres?
If not, brace and jack are going in the loft:)

Thanks
Mary

Sponsored Links
Its par for the course for cars to have no spare wheel these days Mary.....this reduces weight and gives more boot space. In its place comes an air compressor and a bottle of tyre sealing mousse, and ideally if you do use this stuff its a good move to be able to rotate the wheel (car jacked up) so the mousse can distribute.
As for the jack situation, this is also provided just in case you wish to take your wheel for repair yourself - or indeed for the breakdown company to do it for you.
The choice is yours really, but if you definitely have run flat tyres you are pretty well covered.
John :)

Thank you explaining that. I get it about rotating the wheel (had to do same for bike when using some orange gunk to sort our a slow puncture).
But no air compressor or sealing mousse in the mini. So still tempted to put jack in loft.

Maybe checking with my breakdown company would be best!

Cheers

Mary

Sponsored Links
Back