Wheelbarrow bearing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know what a wheelbarrow bearing is? Is it just the bearing in the wheel of a typical wheelbarrow? Is there a picture of one?
thanks

Sponsored Links
Odd! Normally, there isn't a bearing, as such - the axle is thrashed through the centre of the wheel (with a bushing if you're lucky), and the axle is mounted on a pair of brackets, usually with bushings in them. Maybe that bracket and bushing is what is being referred to?

I guess a "Rolls Royce" barrow might replace said brackets with pillow blocks containing ball bearings, and even put some bearings on the wheel centre, but the "Mark I, Model A" you buy from every builders' merchants in the land lacks these refinements - or at least, all the ones I've ever had to push did!

M

Thanks for your reply coshhassessor. I was trying to build a kind of swivelling gimbal thingy from a design on the net and managed eventually to contact the designer. Turns out this bearing is just a single row ball race bearing and, as you rightly suggested, nothing to do with your average wheelbarrow! Possibly an American term. Anyway I now know what to get. Cheers
G

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back