When can I hang Rad on new wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I`ve had an old low cill window replaced with a smaller one and the bottom 60cm of wall bricked up and I`m not sure how long the bricks/plaster etc take to dry out before I can hang a new radiator on the wall.

The overall size of the new section of wall is approx 1200mm wide x 600mm high.

Can anyone in the trade advise please?

Sponsored Links
You dont say when it was plastered but you should be safe fixing your brackets and hanging it now.

Note: decorate before any fixing, and first sort out the flow and return pipe runs and stubs.

Thanks for the reply.
It was plastered the same day (7 days ago).

I thought this would be a fairly straightforward question for a bricklayer or house builder but perhaps I didn't put enough info on my post.

The work involved some 5 or 6 courses of bricks on the outer wall, building blocks (or whatever they are called that are used nowadays, the builder cut those required with a saw) on the inner wall with insulation between in the cavity.

The new window was fitted and the inner wall was then plastered etc.

With winter here I want to fit the new rad asap but I do not want to affect the integrity of the wall etc.

Sponsored Links
Your question was answered by me.

What is your point now?

Are you questioning the ability of blocks to hold the rad brackets?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back