when can i paint on plastered wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my living room is getting plastered at the moment it will be finished on wedensday how long have i to leave it before i paint the plasterer said it will take 1 day to dry then you can paint on it is this true or does it need longer.

dennis

Sponsored Links
I've found, if you paint on it when it "looks" wet (i.e. shiny dark brown) the paint doesn't stick properly. It will turn to a pale pink as it dries out and will "feel" dry (not cold and shiny) and that's when you can apply the first coat of thinned emulsion.

If the brick or block underneath is wet you will see the shape of the mortar joints showing through until it has dried throughout.

I think "one day" is pushing it.

Leaving the windows open will help - like paint, fresh air does more good than heat, unless it's frosty cold.

you will see for yourself (its very obvious) the transformation from wet to dry.first it will go dark then go slowly pale. when its totally pale paint it.

Sponsored Links
And ceilings dry out faster, so you could do them first.

the reason i am asking is because my friend got his room plastered and they had to get in one of this gas heaters to dry it and it was like 4 days before it was dry i just want to confirm if this is normal?

dennis

dennis1394 said:
the reason i am asking is because my friend got his room plastered and they had to get in one of this gas heaters to dry it and it was like 4 days before it was dry i just want to confirm if this is normal?

dennis
GAS Heater :eek: .............De-humidifyer surely :?: Portable gas heaters pour out litres of water from the burning gas ;)

Open the windows (and the loft hatch to get a through draft - true!) and save your money on energy costs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back