When Does New MOT For Diesels Start?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I believe that they're bringing in a tougher MOT emissions test for diesels soon. Does anyone know when and what it entails? I have an old shape 2004 Fiat Scudo 2.0 JTD van and was wondering if it will be affected.

Thanks for any info and advice.

Sponsored Links
I believe that they're bringing in a tougher MOT emissions test for diesels soon. Does anyone know when and what it entails? I have an old shape 2004 Fiat Scudo 2.0 JTD van and was wondering if it will be affected.

Thanks for any info and advice.

Smoke meter pass/fail levels are not changing for your age of vehicle.

MK 1 Granada (from the Sweeney) classy avatar ..................
I'm guessing 2.5 V6 manual with those spotlights?

Sponsored Links
MK 1 Granada (from the Sweeney) classy avatar ..................
I'm guessing 2.5 V6 manual with those spotlights?

Was there ever a better tv programme made? Certainly no better tv cop show.

And as for 2.5, good God - no! If my memory serves me, the 2.5 was the later shape oil burner. Can't imagine the Flying Squad clattering around in something with a Perkins tractor engine. The only smoke to be seen was definitely from the tyres :) The early Sweeney 'Grannies' were actually badged as Consuls. After a couple of years of production, the MK1 shape was re-badged as Granada.

Motman is correct, it would have been a 3.0 GT. In later series, they swapped their Roman Bronze Consul for a silver Mk2 Granny. The original car, NHK 295M still exists and has been restored. Interestingly, they also had a stunt double Consul in the series, and this still survives too.

Thanks to all for the help on my original question.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1029158957130521.1073741846.444075692305520&type=3

Last edited:
There was a 2.5 version of the Essex V6. Just a short stroke crankshaft , same block. Used in the Mk 4 Zephyr V6 and the susbsequent Consul. Not sure if it was an option in the Granada.

Sponsored Links
Back