Need Some Torque Settings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need some torque settings for the work I'm doing on my 2004 Fiat Scudo van (2.0 JTD). Does anyone know somewhere, website, where I can get the ones I need? Unfortunately Haynes never did a manual for these. Failing that, if I put up a small list of the ones I need, can anyone help me with them please?

Sponsored Links
Unless it’s big end bearings, cylinder head bolts or road wheels that the students are tightening, I've just used common sense.

Sponsored Links
Unless it’s big end bearings, cylinder head bolts or road wheels that the students are tightening, I've just used common sense.
And then people wonder why some people just use impact guns to do wheels up.

As an instructor you should b e teaching how to do the job correctly.

Common sense on tightness comes with experience only. It can't be taught

Put the list up, will see what I've got for you

Thanks, much appreciated. Suppose the important one is the hub nut ( though I was surprised it wasn't that tight when I undid it), anything else would be a bonus.

Hub nut.
Bottom ball joint pinch bolt.
Steering track rod end ball joint.

Things like wishbone bolts, strut top to turret, etc, etc aren't critical so not worried about these.

Search engine is your best bet , someone asked on this forum for the hub settings an got:

Attachments

• CF6B89D3-7009-40C8-9A54-3B7B7F7D6E3E.png
    CF6B89D3-7009-40C8-9A54-3B7B7F7D6E3E.png
    748.3 KB · Views: 38
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

Thanks, have seen that one. Could be useful, but hoping not to have to pay £26 for torque settings. Not really a manual in the proper sense, complete with oily fingerprints on the pages.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

Mine's the earlier MK1, but I suppose will be a useful guide. Found the torque for bottom ball-joint clamp bolt-nut assembly on there (70 nm), which I would guess is pretty universal. Unfortunately they only quote the rear hub nut torque, unless I missed something. The front hub is the vital one I need. May end up handing over my 26 quid. o_O:(

Hub nut is 300nm the other 2 settings aren't on autodata, track rod end nut is 38nm how does it compare to the balljoint nut for size?

I've always tended to balljoints up as tight as I'm happy with, given there tapered you can't pull them further through the hole than there supposed to be and if you manage to snap it off you really shouldn't be working on a car.

The pinch bolt again do it as tight as your happy with without deforming the damper casing.

Failing that look up the max torque values for the standard size of that bolt and take a bit off and you won't be far off.

Sponsored Links
Back