New Clutch Time, 2004 Scudo. Few Questions.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The clutch on my 2004 Fiat Scudo 2.0 Jtd (HDi) van has just started slipping at a little over 100,000 miles. Thought it seemed to be biting rather high/late recently. Just before Xmas. :(

Before I book it in, I would appreciate the experts helping with a few questions -

1) What make of clutch kit should I be asking the garage to fit? Luk?

2) Will a clutch kit include the release bearing?

3) Does this van have a D M flywheel, if yes, will it need replacing? Or should it be inspected/tested somehow?

4) Without going too mad, what else would it be sensible to replace while the box and engine are apart? Eg. clutch guide tube?

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
I think all of the 2ltr jtd engines used a dmf, unfortunately but you can’t be absolutely sure until the gearbox is off. It makes sense to replace it at the same time, if applicable.
Sachs, LUK, Valeo are all quality clutches and a kit should include a release bearing......you’ll probably find complete kits available from motor factors or ebay, whatever.
I’d look closely at the clutch slave cylinder at the same time, but if they are external I wouldnt worry about that one too much.
John :)

Thanks John. LUK do a kit with DMF, pressure plate, disc and bearing. Would something like that be the best option? Also, should we be replacing the clutch guide tube on the gearbox?

Sponsored Links
Its not absolutely necessary, but if it has become grooved it could cause the release bearing to stick a little - so yes, may as well replace it for what it costs.
For some reason, these aren’t normally included in the kit.
John :)

Back