When I'm cleaning windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No, I'm not after a ukelele but a window cleaning pole system for the house - for windows, cladding and plastic around the eaves/soffit /verge. The pole will ideally need to be around 6m long

It looks like there are the options for a cheap pole and brush or cloth using traditional soap and water (£20 or so :)), or the potentially better and easier (but more expensive) pure water systems (£130 or so :eek:).

Is anyone using either and can share the advantages or disdavantages?

Or if anyone knows what I would actually need for a pure water system and how long the resin lasts, that would be good to know.

Sponsored Links
Good length of 3x2 and strap a belt around the apprentice?

Soapy water leaves smears, my window cleaner uses an additive which leaves the windows clear and so does not need to wipe them.

Sponsored Links
My window cleaner uses a water purifying system. It goes further than the water softener I use, but with ordinary softened water, I can clean a glass mirror or other glass, and it leaves no smears or watermarks.

I usually add half a drop of WUL to each bucket of washing water, in case of grease, and rinse off with softened hot water. It also leaves the car very shiny and doesn't need leathering off.

The cheap pole would probably be ok for your pvc soffits & guttering but it will just leave residue on you glass, that's why the window cleaners use purified water. How long your resin will last depends on how hard it has to work to get your water clean. You will also need a 12v pump

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back