Window cleaning pure water filter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having purchased myself a window cleaning water fed pole.

This will be used soley for cleaning my windows and upvc cladding every 12 mths.

For cleaning windows approx 6wks intervals any tips for a suitable filter for pure water from the tap, such as a AquaHouse DI Car Wash water filter.

(Link removed)

Sponsored Links
My window cleaner uses additive which requires no squeegee, just cleans window and dries smear free .

Sponsored Links
I suspect as many round here use Pure water which leaves no water marks and they use filters to remove the minerals and etc. Which allows the water on the windows to dry streak free.

Very good, I hadn't seen that before.
So, they are taking mains water (drinking water) removing "impurities" and making a water that has no benefits for us as a drinking water but is good for cleaning windows.
And, depending on what part of Britain you live in it might or might not be required.

I made a pole from a Screwfix window cleaning pole; 15m of microbore (garden irrigation) tubing and a connector to my garden hose. Ran the tube up the inside of the pole having drilled a hole to get it out the top. It adjusts itself as I adjust the length. £30. Yes it leaves a few streaks, but my windows are clean. I do them fortnightly. Cost for a clean round here, £15, IF you can get someone to show up. I'm such a mug!:D

Having purchased myself a window cleaning water fed pole.

This will be used soley for cleaning my windows and upvc cladding every 12 mths.

For cleaning windows approx 6wks intervals any tips for a suitable filter for pure water from the tap, such as a AquaHouse DI Car Wash water filter.
just make sure to check that the water is purified enough, if its not then it will leave marks once dried

Our window cleaner that lives just across the road from us, makes his own in the back of his van. I often see him of a morning running a hose from his house to his van where it is cleaned/converted. He was moaning this week as it had frozen in his pumps due to the cold weather and if he tried to use them, it would just smash his pump.

Our window cleaner that lives just across the road from us, makes his own in the back of his van. I often see him of a morning running a hose from his house to his van where it is cleaned/converted. He was moaning this week as it had frozen in his pumps due to the cold weather and if he tried to use them, it would just smash his pump.
My window cleaner has a heater in his van and a space blanket over the water tank to prevent freezing. funnily I as going to buy the equipment to clean my own windows but after having a chat with my window cleaning and looking up the poles they use with the brushes on from wfp.co.uk I gave up on that idea lol. they are very expensive and made from carbon fibre! this isn't formula 1 its window cleaning! and you cant just use water from the tap

Last edited:
My window cleaner has a heater in his van and a space blanket over the water tank to prevent freezing
That’s a good idea but I bet yours isn't paying twelve and a half quid to take his van out each day courtesy of that wonderful mayor Khan and his revenue raising tax. Our one is stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea as he can't afford a new kitted out van.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back