When is this going to stop?

Even assuming the dog was micro chipped muzzled in public and neutered, it doesn't seem to have saved this woman. If these dogs are truly that dangerous why not simply put them all down?

Enough.

If dogs are so big and strong that they cannot reasonably be fought off by an adult, they have no place in this country, in my honest opinion.

I couldn't care less about the "my dog wouldn't hurt a fly / is soft as a brush" brigade.

Sponsored Links
BBC News - Hornchurch: Woman dies in XL bully attack at home
That was less than a mile from where I sometimes walk my dog. Frightening to think that she could have walked her dogs in the same field as me. Only a couple of miles from my house too.

Even assuming the dog was micro chipped muzzled in public and neutered, it doesn't seem to have saved this woman. If these dogs are truly that dangerous why not simply put them all down?
Even though they were properly registered, presumably they weren’t muzzled because they were indoors.

Sponsored Links
That was less than a mile from where I sometimes walk my dog. Frightening to think that she could have walked her dogs in the same field as me. Only a couple of miles from my house too.
yeah its a scary thought...not nice to know its that close to home

what do you do if you are out walking your dog and one of these comes running up and attacks...picking your dog up means you have no hands free to do anything, leaving it on the ground means it will get attacked and probably killed.

I now carry a spare dog lead, so Ive got something to strangle one with. taking your belt off is another option

The most irresponsible fickle people are attracted to the most dangerous breeds that require the most experienced responsible owners (who wouldnt choose a breed developed to be aggressive anyway)

what do you do if you are out walking your dog and one of these comes running up and attacks...picking your dog up means you have no hands free to do anything, leaving it on the ground means it will get attacked and probably killed.
I tend to walk mostly in the same place - a country park that is not near houses and where you have to pay to park. It’s as much as a fiver or more to park there but we have season tickets that cover seven parks and that costs £70 a year for both our cars (with my oap discount;) ). I tend to find that you are more likely to come across a pleb with a vicious dog in the parks that are within walking distance of a council estate or with free parking.

I don't know what I’d do if my dog was being savagely attacked. Probably try to kick the other dog to death or strangle it. I hope I never find out.

I tend to walk mostly in the same place - a country park that is not near houses and where you have to pay to park. It’s as much as a fiver or more to park there but we have season tickets that cover seven parks and that costs £70 a year for both our cars (with my oap discount;) ). I tend to find that you are more likely to come across a pleb with a vicious dog in the parks that are within walking distance of a council estate or with free parking.

I don't know what I’d do if my dog was being savagely attacked. Probably try to kick the other dog to death or strangle it. I hope I never find out
I walk in the woods almost every day and I always carry a long pointed key (garage lock) and a good stick.
Only used the stick once to save a little pooch from a pitbull.
IME dogs are not interested in people, but some don't like bikes and other dogs.
ALL dogs should be on short lead and muzzled.
Lead should be attached to owner so that dog cannot incidentally run away.
And if the dog can drag the owner, they should get a smaller dog.

I was questioning the rationality of your opinion, not your right to express it.

The spirit of it is perfectly rational: demonstrably so as well, repeatedly and tragically.
How to translate it into something workable is for others.

Enough.

If dogs are so big and strong that they cannot reasonably be fought off by an adult, they have no place in this country, in my honest opinion.

I couldn't care less about the "my dog wouldn't hurt a fly / is soft as a brush" brigade.
Dogs don’t have to be big or strong to kill , a Jack Russell has ability to kill small child , fragile adult and have done in the past .

Sponsored Links
Back