when it rains... it pours.......!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i had my bedroom replastered in November and then painted most of the walls white - one wall showed yellow so i put this done to the fact that i had old windows replaced and there was water damage and it had travelled to the wall as the plasterer bascially hat to take off the walls as it was in bad shape and put bonding on and then plastered over. i left the walls to dry for a few weeks - the wall looked fine - i mist coated and then painted but could see markings so i painted again and then i bought one of those stain stop products which didnt work andn i tried painting again but of course by now thats a few layers in a relatively small area so can see its kind of bubbling. ive now discovered that the reason i have it is cos outside when it rains it falls on the corner of my flat which i suspect its been doing for years. ive just gone into my neighbours garden (i asked her permission first) and can see that this has probably been going for years. Once i get this fixed - how long do i have to wait for the wall to dry out and how should i prepare teh wall - can i sand it all back or is there some type of stuff i can put on abit look paint stripper? as it would be nice to see white walls where white walls are supposed to be. thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back