when should these not be used??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
2428569-40.jpg

they seem so handy and look safe...i got some to do what would have been the job of a junction box to put a light in my loft from the lighting wiring in the loft..its a bungalow
one for each wire LNE 3 fittings...the lead for the lights goes into a pull switch near the loft ladder
the connectors are on top of the insulation...would i still need to put them in an enclosure...??
cheers
geof

Sponsored Links
Yes they need to be in an enclosure.

If you are using them in a place where they will be accessible for inspection you can use any normal electrical enclosure. If they will be in a location that is not accessible for inspection then you need to use a combination of terminals and enclosure (or a one peice junction box) that meets the "maintainance free" requirements.

Yes they need to be in an enclosure.

If you are using them in a place where they will be accessible for inspection you can use any normal electrical enclosure. If they will be in a location that is not accessible for inspection then you need to use a combination of terminals and enclosure (or a one peice junction box) that meets the "maintainance free" requirements.

ok...that clears things up...i could have got one of the little boxes they do...obviously didnt
cheers
geof

Sponsored Links
You'd better go and get a box than.

ae235

i think this one will take the joints...if not i can get different wago connectors
many thanks for the advice...got another one to do as well to make things safe
cheers
geof

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back