When will it stop?

60 million deaths in WW2
Christian countries.
Wow, All Christian countries Johnnyboy? Are you sure?,,,,,,, just in case you're not sure, I wonder what religion Libya, Egypt and Palestine followed during WW2..(wonder when they changed over to Islam) Hmmm let's have a look what religion Japan follows,,,, Oh yes,, Shinto,,,,, Yep that isn't Christian at all is it? Wonder what religion was popular in Burma, India, China,,,, etc Yep , definitely not Christianity.... Tw@t.

Sponsored Links
Can you find a post where I have defended Islamic countries today? Or any day for that matter." Always defending" is what you said Rog. There must be dozens. Take your time.

Hmmm your silence on the subject says it all Noseall ;) as does way har bees ;)

I don’t see the connection to wars, particularly those that were more than 100 years ago.

The issue is what causes people to murder people en mass. I’m pretty sure that a sale on at the gun store, isn’t the motive.

I don’t see the connection to wars
You also didn't see the connection of having access to guns and being able to conveniently kill many people from a safe distance.
It's true that we can't do a lot about random psychopaths but we could stop them having access to guns.

Sponsored Links
I do not feel the need to defend myself against ridiculous allegations and lies, from a persistent and habitual liar.
You may notice I have substituted an ellipsis for the irrelevant, nonsense parts of your comment.
If there was anything of worth left, I would deal with it.

You also didn't see the connection of having access to guns and being able to conveniently kill many people from a safe distance.
It's true that we can't do a lot about random psychopaths but we could stop them having access to guns.

I'm not sure that is as easy as you may think.. You may stop the "I'm gonna buy a gun and kill everyone", but as the news emerges, this individual planned his attack meticulously. Multiple locations, weapons and backup plans. I'd argue that if he'd been in the UK and had the same objective, he'd have been able to do it.

I'm not sure that is as easy as you may think.. You may stop the "I'm gonna buy a gun and kill everyone", but as the news emerges, this individual planned his attack meticulously. Multiple locations, weapons and backup plans. I'd argue that if he'd been in the UK and had the same objective, he'd have been able to do it.
I suspect the number of weapons and ammunition would have brought him to the attention of the police. Probably early on, in his preparations.

I suspect that even the gun dealers in the UK have some morals.

What terrorist group did he belong to, and what were his stated political objectives in this act?

Or was he just white?

In which case should that just be plain old "Stephen Paddock"?
upload_2017-10-4_9-24-24.png

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41483943

I'm sure you realise that we can't discuss how to buy guns illegally or make bombs on the internet, but suffice it to say you wouldn't walk in to your local farmer palmer outlet store and ask him for his special under the counter ;) vermin control devices.

Regarding the link on the beeb, to me its one of English Language fact:

Terrorist : Noun - a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims

I'm sure you realise that we can't discuss how to buy guns illegally or make bombs on the internet, but suffice it to say you wouldn't walk in to your local farmer palmer outlet store and ask him for his special under the counter ;) vermin control devices.
I was referring to the criminal elements that deal in arms.
I suspect that most would walk away from someone trying to buy multiple arms and vast amounts of ammunition.
International arms dealers that might consider the deal, and could meet the demand, would have difficulty providing that number of weapons and ammunition in UK without immense risk to themselves, the carriers, buyer, etc.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2008/aug/30/ukcrime1

plenty of similar articles around. 60 people dead and 500 or so injured during a 1 1/2 hour shooting spree, does raise some questions, not just about the easy access to such an arsenal, but motive and time taken to stop him.

However, we need only look at Anders Behring Breivik, to see that tough gun law doesn't stop people obtaining guns and killing lots of people.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/jul/24/norway-strict-gun-laws-circumvented

I just find it hard to believe that he managed to shift so much weaponry and ammo into his hotel room undetected / unchallenged.

I have a cold sweat when I "smuggle" a case of booze into my hotel room, let alone half-a-ton of guns and bullets!

The unnerving thing about this attack was the meticulous planning. All of it centered around the fact that he had long range weaponry readily and easily available in order to carry out his plan - without which the plan would fail immediately.

However, we need only look at Anders Behring Breivik, to see that tough gun law doesn't stop people obtaining guns and killing lots of people.

Are you sure?

How many mass shootings a year happen in Norway?

And how many mass shootings a week happen in US?

How many shootings by toddlers have occurred lately in say Norway, UK or France in the last 12 months?

It was more than 1 per week in the US (2015). You are twice as likely to be shot by a toddler than be killed by a terrorist in the US. Dangerous ornaments are guns.

Sponsored Links
Back