When will the Age Pension be means tested?

When will means testing happen?

• Within five years?

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Withing five to ten years?

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Within ten to twenty years?

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Never

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If you go for 'never' then I fear you hold a one-way ticket to La-la land.

Sponsored Links
Personally I reckon it will be in less than 10 years.

Sponsored Links
I thought they were introducing a flat rate pension from 2015 where you will no longer get the serps part,so there will be no need for means testing.

I thought they were introducing a flat rate pension from 2015 where you will no longer get the serps part,so there will be no need for means testing.

So we're paying into serps, but the government are gonna cancel it? I bet they won't refund any contributions people have paid into this then?

Why should the state provide any pension? The time is arriving surely when people should provide for them selves.

The time is even arriving when people who have made provisions for their own pension will have it stolen by the government and given to other people.

Of course we would have to get over the riots first with pensioners donning their pitch forks ready to bury it to the shaft against anyone who steps in their way. :mrgreen:

Indigenous people living in the jungle don't recieve a pension!

Why should the state provide any pension? The time is arriving surely when people should provide for them selves.

Of course we would have to get over the riots first with pensioners donning their pitch forks ready to bury it to the shaft against anyone who steps in their way. :mrgreen:

Indigenous people living in the jungle don't recieve a pension!

I take your point Norcon, but you still have those who won't work who we continue to support, so we will also be paying for their pensions.

Any poll worth it's salt would have a 'don't know' or 'unsure' option, but having seen who the OP is, it does not surprise me.

So we're paying into serps, but the government are gonna cancel it? I bet they won't refund any contributions people have paid into this then?

Reading about it,it looks as if any serp's which is called sp2 now will be added to the £144 when it is introduced but that is the cut off point.Slight error its being introduced in 2016.

If you don't know or unsure (same fookin thing), then don't click the vote button. My GOD you can be dense at times. :rolleyes:

Fair point,but I'll wager they won't reduce the NI contribution we pay.

Surely that's the whole reason for paying NI contributions Norcon?
The time is even arriving when people who have made provisions for their own pension will have it stolen by the government and given to other people.

So your really saying we should provide for our own pensions , which a future government are going to take off us. The question then is,, Why should we bother to provide for our old age, if as you say, the government is going to steal it??

If you don't know or unsure (same fookin thing), then don't click the vote button. My GOD you can be dense at times. :rolleyes:

You really don't think through do you? Maybe that is another skill you just don't have. Without such an option no poll is representative. Roll on 2014, a new government might offer you some much needed assistance :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back