Where are all the Haunting challenges?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just been reading BOBs post about his haunted castle stopover. By co-incidence, I was having a fairly lively debate with my daughter this evening. She's quite hooked on "Most Haunted" but I can't help but find the whole thing laughable. She then dared me to take the "chislehurst cave challenge". Apparently there's supposed to be some sort of reward for anyone that can stay 24 hours in these caves that are very haunted :eek:

Feeling up for it, I did a google and could find no-one that was actually offering the money. I then thought, well forget the caves, let's just find any of these challenges. Over the years, I've heard plenty of stories along the lines of "no one has ever managed to last the night in such and such a place, even though there's a reward for anyone that can do it"

I'm really feeling in the mood to get some easy money just to sleep in some obscure place. As long as I'm allowed a decent sleeping bag, a flask of coffee and some sandwiches (oh and somewhere to spend a penny would be handy) I don't care where it is. Obviously the renumeration would have to make it worth my while being away from DIYnot.com for the night, and pay for my travelling expenses, but I can't find any offers out there at all.

Do any such challenges exist or are the very existance of these challenges all urban myths.

Sponsored Links
There was supposed to be one of these challenges to spend a night in a certain room at Warwick Castle. I can't remember the actual name of the room as I was there many years ago but I think the room is supposed to be haunted by a woman and no one will stay in there overnight.

Sponsored Links
Apparently the M25 is haunted and you have to spend 24 hours sitting in the outside lane to win the prize.........

all expenses paid trip to the local hospital with full waitress service ( apparently they dress up in uniforms :eek: ).

looked on google but am having trouble finding the challenge used searches:
"F**king idiots with nothing better to do, try this"
and
"Gullible nerd believes in fairies"

but no result, perhaps someone else might have better luck?

Back