Where can I buy 35mm flexible conduit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
4 Metres of 35mm flexible conduit to relevant BS. Searched high and low, seems that 25mm is the biggest I can get online. Also, where to buy glands for each end.

Aiming to hold 2X 25mm and 1X 16mm meter tail.

Cheers in advance. :idea:

Sponsored Links
Do them (tails and earth) in SWA ?

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/SW25slash3.html[/QUOTE]

I could... I was planning to use conduit though as the derating factor for SWA is too limiting, when compared to wire in conduit with space for airflow up the conduit. even 35mm with derating cant cope with a 100A supply when placed in cavity wall insulation >110mm

Will be routed up the cavity vertically to a cu above the meter board.

Not sure what conduit would comply if you want to put tails in. Try Ronbar Factors in Washington, Tyne and Wear. They do common conduit sizes of 32mm and 40mm. They also do various glands and can often make a pre-made length for you. Maybe Anaconda sealtite have something suitable in their range. Expensive stuff though. Google both of the above, they come up.

Why not SWA though as stated...

Sponsored Links
Not sure what conduit would comply if you want to put tails in. Try Ronbar Factors in Washington, Tyne and Wear. They do common conduit sizes of 32mm and 40mm. They also do various glands and can often make a pre-made length for you. Maybe Anaconda sealtite have something suitable in their range. Expensive stuff though. Google both of the above, they come up.

Thanks. Economic solution sounds like SWA.

SWA it is then. Planning on terminating both ends in a glanded galv knockout, Henley blocks in each, with meter tails at the top to the CU, and into a 100A switchfuse isolator at the meter box.

Only other issue I cannot resolve involves mechanical support, which is going to be nigh on impossible for SWA up the cavity.

Any ideas? I really dont want to clip the SWA externally up the wall as it will look awful.

If access is good then maybe catenary wire and ties. Or if really really good could you put some narrow cable tray in and tie to that. Others I am sure will have better ideas.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back