Pendant ceiling bracket - where to buy?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The other half has found some "interesting" pendant lights. Unfortunately only one of the three comes with the steel bracket to fix them to the ceiling. I have searched online with no success. Does anyone know where I can buy these from (ideally before Christmas!) or what I could use instead? It is about 83mm in length.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_2297.JPG

Sponsored Links
Does anyone know where I can buy these from (ideally before Christmas!) or what I could use instead?
That type of attachment is fairly common, but I have no idea where you could buy the brackets alone.

As for 'what you could use instead', I suppose that depends upon how 'handy' you are - it's only a bit of bent metal with four holes drilled in it, and you could use self-tapping screws through the fixing holes in the side.

That metal fitting will almost certainly need to be earthed. Is there an earth wire available in the supply cable?

Kind Regards, John

Sourcing a piece of metal that width might be tricky, wouldn’t fancy cutting a big piece down width wise myself, lengthwise fine but without the right tools.....

Small L-brackets could work but you’d have to somehow fix a nut where the pre-drilled hole is, or like John says, use a self tapper where there’s no hole

Sponsored Links
Thanks all. Happy to make them myself if needed as suggested (indeed doesn't need to to be the whole length could just be two small "L" shaped brackets). However EFLImpudence you mention they are on Amazon and eBay. Is there a particular search term or link you could share please?

They are available, but finding some the exact dimensions will be near impossible. A not quite wide enough one...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391335382325

It's not just the width though, the distance from the ceiling down to the threaded hole is critical for the brass cover to sit correctly.

Happy to make them myself if needed

If you have the means/tools to do so, then that's what I would do.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Or see if B&Queue have some some cheap light fittings that are on offer, and use the back-plates.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back