Where can I buy made to measure shoes for myself?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks

Would anybody be kind enough to tell me where I could buy made to measure mens shoes?

I tried 'Googling' but did not get much success. I live in the West Midlands region.

Thank You.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Well according to billbird they're based in the Cotwolds!

Which, according to Google, is 64 miles away

I live in Northamptonshire, in an area of the County which was built on the back of the boot and shoe industry. When I left school 25 years ago there were boot and shoe factories everywhere, no-one signed on, if you did nothing else you took a job in a shoe factory. Back then I could have probably given several options for the OP, now I am struggling for any.

geek84, I am not sure why you are looking for made to measure, and I am sure you are well aware these wont come cheap. If it is of any help, one of the few remaining manufacturers in this area is offering a range of 'extra wide' fitting shoes. http://www.dbshoes.co.uk/perfect_fit.php

Sadly DB and 'Grenson' are about the only 2 manufacturers left here, such names as Airwair, John White and Totectors are long gone, and the factories redeveloped for housing. :(

I wonder if he has injured or deformed feet?

At a hospital I occasionally visit, I have seen a department where people have special shoes made, and they return them to be soled and heeled or otherwise repaired. I haven't seen a cobbler in a High Street shop for years.

I haven't seen a cobbler in a High Street shop for years.

We have one of those shops that does shoe repairs, alongside key cutting and selling cheap sports trophies, but I doubt that they could make a shoe.

There is still a traditional Cobbler just off our High Street, (not part of a national chain!), and his motto is 'If it's worth wearing, it's worth repairing.'

Sponsored Links
Back