Where to buy greenhouse glass sheets?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks

Due to the recent bad weather, one of my glass sheets on my greenhouse cracked. It is not ‘proper’ glass, so could anybody tell me the proper name for it? Where could I buy a sheet for a reasonable price on line? Are the sizes standard?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Sponsored Links
Assuming it isn't some kind of plastic sheet then any glazing merchant should be able to supply the glass. Often referred to as horticultural glass it is normal glass but only 3mm thick, so does break quite easily.

You just need to measure the size of the pane required and they will cut it for you.

Just shop around before you buy the glass - prices can vary widely. The standard sized sheet is old imperial size 24"x24" and as kbdiy says it's 3mm thick, but check the measurements of your greenhouse carefully and if necessary get it cut to size by the glazing merchant, remembering to make it slightly undersize to allow for expansion in the summer, especially if it's an alloy house. You should expect to pay about £4 - £5 for a single sheet.
Alternatively, if you have any glasshouse nurseries in your area you could see if they will sell you a few sheets. Modern glasshouses use much much larger sheets, but they may still have some old small sheets around. I sometimes sell surplus unwashed 24"x24" glass from my nursery for 80p a sheet if someone asks for a useful amount, but I don't expect you want to travel to West Sussex!

Sponsored Links
Message for b3taman

Do you still have any 24x24 glass panes please as we would be very interested. Thanks

look in the friday ad,free ads ,gum tree etc.
peeps often give this away.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back