Where can I find more of these screws with small diameter heads?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry not sure where the best place to post this was.

So I bought some curtain tie back "hooks" and the screw that came with them appeared to be made of cheese as I ended up stripping the heads of several. Therefore I need to find a replacement. I would say they are broadly pan head self tappers of 4 x 30. However the screws included have a head whose diameter is much smaller ( around 6mm dia) than those I seem to find readily available on the market. So wondered if anyone had stumbled across any?

Images attached.

IMG_2296.JPG

IMG_2297.JPG

Sponsored Links
it looks more like a chipboard screw to me, probably intended for plastic wallplugs.

It might be your photo, but I can't see the Pozi X on the screwhead, perhaps they are Phillips intended for the US market. Might be why they didn't fit your driver.

Are you going to screw them into plasplugs? or wood?

can you show us the hole in the hook?

I just had a look but can't see a match.

32mm long is probably 1¼"
Is it a number 6?

Last edited:
JohnD,

I can confirm there is no posi x. I was using a Phillips head though.

For screwing into plasplugs and unfortunately I don't have a picture of the bracket at the moment but it's just a clean clearance hole without any significant countersinking. Just very very close to the edge of the bracket hence why they were provided with the screws they were I guess.

The major diameter of the screw looks more like 4mm so a gauge of 8 would be my guess. But my eyes could be on the wonk so could be 3.5mm so size 6 could be valid also and most likely workable.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back