where can i get brushed aluminium MDF board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am looking to get some brushed aluminium MDF board to use in the kitchen as a splashback, all around instead of tiles. i m have a bit of a problem locating this. even though i know it does exist. if anybody knows of any body who actually supply's this either a site on the web or in the Plymouth area. i would apprieciated any help.

Sponsored Links
Brian, would brushed stainless not be more suited to a kitchen splashback- it will not discolour with cleaning solutions like the ally, and will withstand a good scrubbing.

Brian

Overall I think I'd agree with HM, an actual piece of stainless would be a better bet (aluminium has a tendency to oxidise unless anodised). Melamine-faced MDF of the type you are talking about is available, however MDF is probably an unsuitable material for use as a splash back. MFC (melamine faced chipboard - same material as the carcasses) is a more suitable material and an aluminium effect MFC is manufactured by Egger (code F509 ST2 Aluminium) although not a true brushed finish. A couple of other alternatives might be Kronospan Metallika MFC which has a brushed effect and Egger F501 ST2 Titanium. Manufacturers such as Formica and Polyrey do produce brushed aluminium effect laminates which might also prove of use. I'd be wary of recommending any of these metallic finishes for use in a high-traffic environment such as a kitchen as all the ones I've used to date have suffered an annoying tendency to mark easily. Other MFC manufacturers include Sonae, Depalor, Thermopal, Finsa and Caberdecor (amongst others)

In your neck of the woods try Edens in Liskeard, Cornwall

BTW have you tried looking for a worktop manufacrurer who does a brushed aluminium effect splashback ready made? I thought that Homebase did this at one time, but I may well be mistaken.

Scrit

Sponsored Links
Should you decide on the stainless, give me a shout.... i happen to be in Plymouth, and a fabricator.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back