Where Can I Get Basic Non-adjustable Kitchen Base Units?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.

I must be getting old; cursing and pulling my hair out that nothing remains the same for long and is dependable ;)

Wickes used to stock and supply very basic white conti-board like kitchen base units that had NON-ADJUSTABLE bases. Typical, couple of months later they've stopped stocking them!!!

Someone mentioned Homebase may, but on checking their web site it's full of fanciful Italian poncey stuff - no good for a school where I'm trying to match existing units! Also, their site gives no details or diagrams of construction etc. God forbid that I attempt to ring them and ask a Muppet anything technical - too far to drive to check myself.

Anyone know of any other supplier that also has web details so I can obtain costs to quote?

Cheers,
Neil

Sponsored Links
Just because the feet are adjustable, its not compulsory to adjust them. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure I understand why an adjustable feet unit couldn't be made to look like a unit on a fixed plinth. At the end of the day if you really want to you could always make a plinth box out of MFC and remove the feet from an off the shelf unit before plonking it on top of the plinth.......

Oh, and I can't recall anyone who makes the fixed units any longer - they are a pain in the arris to level up on wonky floors so I can't imagine any fitters every wanting to put them in

Scrit

Howdens still make them - I believe they call them contour 600 or something like that.

Scrit's right, almost impossible to level them up and get them plumb, as you can't build them square unless it's by accident.

What you save in cost on materials will be swallowed up by the three hours you spend wedging each cab up in an attempt to get it level.

Good luck.

Sounds like a lot of buggering about to me; making a half decent unit look like a low budget non-adjustable that's going to be tacked on the end of a line of similar low budget units - then have it's door trashed and make up a blank from conti-board to match. Labour and time alone in doing so will be 3 times the cost of the unit. In my books, when doing a job to price, it's far better taking payment for labour not expended, rather than labour actually expended.

Seem's Wickes, when pushed, will special order such units while they're not actually listed "current line". Manafacturer is Gower Kitchens at £30 for 1000mm and £28 for 500mm.

IMHO I agree, they're crap. Would never use myself, or in a fresh build. But it's just what this customer ordered.

Cheers,
Neil

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back