Where Can I Get Coals For Robinson Willey 'Romany' Gas Fire?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies. The coals are actually individual, not one unit. How would I know which ones to get as the originals are destroyed? There seem to be 1000s of different ones on Ebay. I thought new ones had to be the same as originally supplied? Or doesn't it matter?

Sponsored Links
Yes, best to get the same when one piece.
I had a look for a whole new fire, so you could just take out the coals.
But could not see one exactly the same as yours.

You could jusk keep looking, or you may have to buy a new fire.

And annoyingly I could not find the manual for a "Robinson Willey Romany".
SFK

Been looking around for some new coals for my elderly father's Robinson Willey Romany gas fire. They seem to be obsolete. Is there anywhere that sells coals for older gas fires? My father keeps using it, even though the original coals have turned to dust.

Any advice appreciated.

This is the fire -

https://www.adverts.ie/gas/robinson-willey-romany-natural-gas-fire/5744698

You cannot.

RW went bust over a decade ago, but was bought out by, IIRC, either Jetmaster or Baxi. New owners of old gas fire companies NEVER support productsthat were not current at the time of transfer. The fire is well over 20 years old, probably 30. Even if you found one on ebay, you would be lucky to get a decent coals set. Do not be tempted by SFK's Ebay suggestion - the coals are very specific., and you cannot use random ones. Contrary to Ebays terminology, there are NO "Universal" coals sets.

Going by your post, would hazard guess that it has not been serviced for years. When the coals were available, a set would have been approaching £100. Kickin the cost of a service, and you have a waste of cash.

Time, methinks, to put your hand in your pocket to fund a new fire

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back