Where can I get granite roofing chips?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've repaired cracking on an old flat roof, but there's not enough of the granite chips to cover the roof properly. This may have something to do with the cracking in the first place given that I've not lost any and I understand that their function is to prevent damage from UV radiation.

I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find a supplier. Is this because they're no longer used? Mineralised felt seems to be the norm now, but this isn't much help in this situation.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
I've repaired cracking on an old flat roof, but there's not enough of the granite chips to cover the roof properly. This may have something to do with the cracking in the first place given that I've not lost any and I understand that their function is to prevent damage from UV radiation.

I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find a supplier. Is this because they're no longer used? Mineralised felt seems to be the norm now, but this isn't much help in this situation.

Any suggestions?
FORGET granite chippings 'problems and old hat' If you are sticking to chippings and not using modern fire glass used in boat building then ~

Chippings I removed twenty years ago due to problems For the past twenty years I have used silver reflective paint far superior FELT still going STRONG it has a bitumen content when stirred changes from black to silver then apply dries quickly should last another 20years+ sorts out UV radiation cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back