Where can I get victorian setts?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to extend a path of dark grey Victorian setts - they are the ones with a diamond pattern on the surface and are about 6" long by 3" across.

pav_sett_3a.jpg

I know I've seen them somewhere but cant for the life of me recall where, though I think they were new. Did a google but drew a blank except the web page where this pic is, and they don't supply near me. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
There's something similar called "stable blocks" the ones I've seen are bluish like Staff' engineering bricks, still used by horsey people (drain away the horse **** and don't slip over). Come from some brickworks (almost all the brickworks belong to Hanson's now).

edited to say, sorry, that's no help at all. :oops:

Hi, sorry I can't help you regarding where you might get these but I wondered if you contacted the supplier on the website you visited? It may be that they buy them in from someone who would be willing to deliver to your area.

Another alternative (although it might involve quite a bit of work depending on the size of the existing path) could be to dig up the centre of the path and use these blocks to extend the outside edges of the new path, then get something similar to use in the centre of the old and new path.

Good luck :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back