where can i put my combi boiler ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello guys

i need to move my combi boiler from its present location which is in the lobby between the kitchen and the bathroom due to having a new kitchen and bathroom extension....can i place it in a bathroom ?...whats the latest regulation regarding this ?....cheers :)

Sponsored Links
It will need to be in a cupboard or boxed in so no one can access it/touch it whilst wet! All electrical switches should if possible be withing this boxing or out of the bathroom.

I never really like putting boilers in bathrooms even when you can comply with electric regs :rolleyes:

Depends on the combi, and the electrician you ask. See electrical forum where I was slated for asking recently!
Some can go in Zone 2 without a cupboard, but not many. The cupboard has to stop access from anyone wet - opinions vary on where they can be. Personal opinion is that the cupd should have to be lifted off, rather than have a door, or sooner or later it would be left open. The cupd has to be water resisting - look up IP ratings.

Sponsored Links
If it's IPX4 zone2 but check for MI backtracking clauses (due to which in my view they should not rate it IPX4) end of. Must be bonded.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back